Project Assistant - Technology, Media and Society
Are you a detail-oriented problem solver who is also passionate about human rights, democracy, and technology? If yes, then we are seeking a Program Assistant to join our team at Gözlemevi – Turkey’s Observatory. In this role, you will work closely with project leaders and team members to facilitate the delivery of our mission-critical programs.
As a Program Assistant, you will provide administrative and technical support for our algorithmic empowerment program and related training initiatives. You will assist in planning, coordinating, and executing projects, manage project documentation, and engage with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will bring exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and a strong desire to promote democratic values and human rights in the digital world.
At Gözlemevi – Turkey’s Observatory, our mission is to advocate for digital freedoms and democratic values. We offer capacity building activities for journalists and training programs focused on the intersection of technology and democracies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, Communications, Information Technology, or a related field that intersects with technology and democracy. A higher degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in program or project management, preferably in a non-profit or academic setting.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills. You should be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills. You should be proficient in both English and Turkish, and be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken forms. Experience with writing reports and preparing presentations is a plus.
- Strong team player. You should be able to work effectively with researchers, journalists, and other team members, and contribute to the organization’s overall goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in standard project management software and platforms, as well as social media platforms.
If you meet these qualifications and are passionate about promoting democracy, human rights, and digital safety, we encourage you to apply for the Program Assistant position at Gözlemevi – Turkey’s Observatory. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will be automatically rejected.